Summer of Promise Intern
Cincinnati Urban Promise
Position Summary: To be responsible for assisting in the day-to-day operation of Summer of Promise Enrichment program, ensuring that the students receive excellent and age-appropriate learning opportunities. Academic documentation provided for academic internships.
- Reports to the Director of Programming
- Responsible for implementing the Summer of Promise Academic Enrichment Program for
students grades K-8 including assisting with recruitment of youth, support of volunteers, and
encouraging parent involvement.
- To build quality, supportive, loving relationships with youth and their families.
Encouraging youth to break the cycle of poverty in their families and helping instill
wisdom to make good choices.
- To monitor, record, review and evaluate programs and goals achieved making sure
that data is accurate and available for board members and grant applications.
- To lead small groups of students through academic, art, and recreational activities and
- To supervise field trips and ensure the continued safety and participation of students.
- To transport students to and from the program and to all field trips. Must have valid drivers license and be willing to be trained to drive a short bus.
Functional Job Requirements:
- Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ, maintains a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside of CUP, and faithfully upholds CUP’s ministry in prayer.
- Ability to manage and speak in front of large groups of people, youth and adults
- Passion for at-risk youth, understanding the special needs and concerns of youth growing up in under-resourced communities.
- Acts as an advocate for under-resourced people groups – raising the awareness of the needs and injustices facing those in poverty and challenging and enabling those within one’s influence to greater involvement and effectiveness on behalf of under-resourced people groups
- High quality organizational skills, and attention to detail and timeliness.
- Has completed at least one year of college
- Has valid drivers license and willingness to be trained in driving 15 passenger short bus
- Has clear background check
- $250 per week stipend
- Housing provided if needed
Dates and Hours of Internship
- Dates: June 24th – August 1st, 2019
- 40 hours per week (7am to 3pm, Monday through Friday)
To apply please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com.